Healthy Communities Giving Program
At PacificSource, we're committed to helping improve the overall health of our business communities. To us, that means building capacity of individuals, families, and communities to increase healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices. It also means providing a safe and nurturing environment where children can develop into healthy adults.
Healthy Communities, our community giving program, supports nonprofit organizations in the communities where we do business. It is an employee committee charged with reviewing requests and making recommendations on PacificSource’s involvement. Through Healthy Communities, we provide financial support, in-kind donations, and employee volunteer assistance to organizations working to:
- Build local capacity to improve healthcare access and the health of the community
- Educate and empower people to adopt healthy behaviors and lifestyles
- Sponsor safe, healthy, educational, and fun family-oriented activities
We are pleased to consider requests from organizations that:
- Meet IRS qualifications for nonprofit charitable organizations;
- Earmark the funds to benefit people in the communities we serve; and
- Are not arts, political, or faith-specific/religious causes.
The committee evaluates requests based on the following criteria:
- Match with the “Healthy Communities” program mission
- Our past history with the organization
- Opportunity for recurring or long-term involvement
- Opportunity for personal involvement by our employees
- Budget availability by region
- Value of public awareness opportunities or name recognition for PacificSource
If your organization has a request that meets this criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your proposal or request by e-mail to HealthyCommunities@pacificsource.com, and allow 12 weeks for review and consideration by our Healthy Communities committee.
PacificSource also supports community health through its PacificSource Charitable Foundation.