What’s New for Employers
Overcoming Depression in the Workplace—Learn How
When was the last time you asked your employees how they were doing? Not what they were doing, but how. This is one simple way to get a sense of your employees’ mental health, and keep an eye out for signs of depression in the workplace. Behavioral Health Manager Emma Littlejohn uncovers the various ways depression in the workplace impacts your organization—and what you can do about it.
Join us by webinar or in person Thursday, April 6, 2017, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (PT) at the PacificSource Tigard office. Learn more and register at PacificSource.com/SpeakerSeries.
“Plan News” Email Will Replace “Benefit Matters”
Benefit Matters is changing from print to an email format, and the name is changing to Plan News. Watch you email in box for future issues. Also find current and past issues online. See Employer Newsletters.
Employee Address Changes
Did you receive an address change from an employee? Please be sure to forward this information along to us. This will help ensure your employee receives important mailings, such as Explanation of Benefits statements. We offer multiple ways to update addresses:
- The Enrollment Change Form: Note address changes on the Enrollment Change Form, which is the last page of your billing statement, and then mail or fax it to your Membership Representative. Your Membership Representative’s contact information is listed on page one of your statement.
- Email: You can email the change to your Representative. Please include your group name and number in the body of your email.
- Online: Update addresses online through our secure website portal, InTouch for Employers.
Benefit Matters Moving to Email
Benefit Matters is changing from print to an email format, which will allow more flexibility for providing you with PacificSource information. For your convenience, you can also download a PDF of this and other recent issues from PacificSource.com. See Employer Newsletters.
No action is required on your part. The new Benefit Matters will be sent to the email address we have on file for you. However, please note the email will be sent through a third party service called Constant Contact. You may need to add the email sender to your “white list” or contact your technology staff.
Billing and enrollment messages will continue to be included with your billing statement.
Secure Email Provides Option for Sending Documents
Have confidential documents you need to send to us? You’re welcome to use our free, secure email. For more information, please see our “Email Us Securely” web page at PacificSource.com/SecureEmail.
Medicare Part D Materials Available Online
Our new Medicare Part D creditability matrix and sample member notices are available at Employers > Forms and Materials, under Manage Employee Coverage > Medicare Part D Notices.
EFT Payment Option Makes Premium Payment Easier
Thanks to our EFT (electronic funds transfer) payment option for groups, paying your PacificSource health plan premium can be easier.
- EFT means one less check to process, as well as easier reconciliation.
- The regularly scheduled payments are confirmed by email.
- No postage and reduced administrative costs add up to significant savings.
It’s easy to sign up, too. Contact your Membership Representative to get started. The EFT form (Group Authorization Agreement for Recurring Electronic Fund Transfers) is available in the Employers > Forms and Materials area of PacificSource.com under Administrative Forms.
PacificSource and Legacy Health – A Partnership to Benefit You and Your Employees
We’re proud to announce that PacificSource Health Plans and Legacy Health are pursuing a partnership to bring together complementary capabilities. Our shared vision of healthcare focuses on improving the experience of care, reducing healthcare costs, and improving the health of our communities.
Ultimately, this partnership was driven by both organizations’ commitment to serve our customers.
Important Things to Know about this Partnership
- No change to our name, brand, 2016 plans, processes, or your PacificSource representatives. If you’re in the process of renewing or setting up a PacificSource plan, be assured that the process will remain on track.
- For your employees, nothing has changed. Members will continue to receive the same outstanding benefits and unmatched customer service that have been hallmarks of PacificSource since 1933.
- As we move forward, you’ll see improvements and enhancements. This includes increased access to care for your employees, the creation of new and unique health plan offerings, and industry-leading stability in a volatile health insurance market.
- We will maintain our provider partnerships. We will continue to work with our existing provider partners throughout Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. We will also continue to pursue future relationships with other healthcare providers.
Looking for more information? You’re welcome to read the news release or FAQ for employers to learn more about Legacy Health and this partnership.
Tobacco Cessation Outreach Calls
We all know it’s difficult to quit tobacco, but it's easier when there is someone who can help. The Quit For Life® Program has helped thousands of people, including PacificSource members, take control of their lives and their health by quitting tobacco. Beginning soon, program representatives will place personal calls to members who have indicated on their health assessment through CaféWell that they use tobacco. Representatives will tell these members about the program and invite them to participate.
Read more about Quit For Life on our Tobacco Cessation page.
The Quit For Life Program is brought to you by the American Cancer Society® and Alere Wellbeing.
Learn How to Develop a Successful Workplace Wellness Program
Our Winning at Wellness guide serves as a tool and resource for program development and implementation. We've updated and reorganized this guide with the most up-to-date information on best-practice wellness strategies, which includes information about the Affordable Care Act's rulings related to wellness programs and incentives, how to build a culture of wellness, and building your operating plan. Contact our wellness team at email@example.com to request a copy.
Read other recent news for employers.