What’s New for Employers
Secure Email Provides Option for Sending Documents
Have confidential documents you need to send to us? You’re welcome to use our free, secure email. For more information, please see our “Email Us Securely” web page at PacificSource.com/SecureEmail.
ACA Reporting Details in Benefit Matters
Tax season is just around the corner, and once again, employers, health insurers, and individuals will need to file their 1094 and 1095 forms with the IRS. Read about deadlines and reporting details in the new issue of Benefit Matters, enclosed with this statement. Other topics include the W-2 reporting requirement, workplace wellness, and our upcoming speaker series. For your convenience, you can also download a PDF of this and other recent issues from PacificSource.com. Click on Employers, and then Employer Newsletters.
Medicare Part D Materials Available Online
Our new Medicare Part D creditability matrix and sample member notices are available at Employers > Forms and Materials, under Manage Employee Coverage > Medicare Part D Notices.
EFT Payment Option Makes Premium Payment Easier
Thanks to our EFT (electronic funds transfer) payment option for groups, paying your PacificSource health plan premium can be easier.
- EFT means one less check to process, as well as easier reconciliation.
- The regularly scheduled payments are confirmed by email.
- No postage and reduced administrative costs add up to significant savings.
It’s easy to sign up, too. Contact your Membership Representative to get started. The EFT form (Group Authorization Agreement for Recurring Electronic Fund Transfers) is available in the Employers > Forms and Materials area of PacificSource.com under Administrative Forms.
PacificSource and Legacy Health – A Partnership to Benefit You and Your Employees
We’re proud to announce that PacificSource Health Plans and Legacy Health are pursuing a partnership to bring together complementary capabilities. Our shared vision of healthcare focuses on improving the experience of care, reducing healthcare costs, and improving the health of our communities.
Ultimately, this partnership was driven by both organizations’ commitment to serve our customers.
Important Things to Know about this Partnership
- No change to our name, brand, 2016 plans, processes, or your PacificSource representatives. If you’re in the process of renewing or setting up a PacificSource plan, be assured that the process will remain on track.
- For your employees, nothing has changed. Members will continue to receive the same outstanding benefits and unmatched customer service that have been hallmarks of PacificSource since 1933.
- As we move forward, you’ll see improvements and enhancements. This includes increased access to care for your employees, the creation of new and unique health plan offerings, and industry-leading stability in a volatile health insurance market.
- We will maintain our provider partnerships. We will continue to work with our existing provider partners throughout Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. We will also continue to pursue future relationships with other healthcare providers.
Looking for more information? You’re welcome to read the news release or FAQ for employers to learn more about Legacy Health and this partnership.
Tobacco Cessation Outreach Calls
We all know it’s difficult to quit tobacco, but it's easier when there is someone who can help. The Quit For Life® Program has helped thousands of people, including PacificSource members, take control of their lives and their health by quitting tobacco. Beginning soon, program representatives will place personal calls to members who have indicated on their health assessment through CaféWell that they use tobacco. Representatives will tell these members about the program and invite them to participate.
Read more about Quit For Life on our Tobacco Cessation page.
The Quit For Life Program is brought to you by the American Cancer Society® and Alere Wellbeing.
Learn How to Develop a Successful Workplace Wellness Program
Our Winning at Wellness guide serves as a tool and resource for program development and implementation. We've updated and reorganized this guide with the most up-to-date information on best-practice wellness strategies, which includes information about the Affordable Care Act's rulings related to wellness programs and incentives, how to build a culture of wellness, and building your operating plan. Contact our wellness team at email@example.com to request a copy.
Read other recent news for employers.