Create and expand an environment of collaborative and innovative engagement
between PacificSource Health Plans and providers who share a vision for better community health, better healthcare, and lower healthcare costs.
Foster an environment of continuous patient care improvement among providers
who practice in the areas PacificSource Health Plans serves.
Elicit the diverse capabilities of provider organizations
in ways that make significant, positive health impacts for community members.
Each Community Health Excellence (CHE) application is independently evaluated based on its impact on patients, without regard to their insurance status. The program has sparked healthcare delivery innovation for physical health, oral health, and behavioral health providers, funding more than 100 projects across Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. Grants are available in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Washington state.
Applicants must meet these core criteria for consideration:
- Applicant must be a contracted PacificSource provider or have an affiliation/contracted referral agreement with a contracted PacificSource provider or provider group.
- Grant proposal must address the Quadruple Aim: Better health outcomes, lower cost, improved patient experience, and improved provider experience.
- Project must benefit all patients, regardless of their insurance status.
CHE funding priorities
Projects must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Advancing healthcare integration
- Addressing health disparities and promoting equity
- Developing the provider workforce
- Considering and/or aligning with identified community health needs
Examples are in our CHE Application Guide. One-year requests should not exceed $100,000. The average funding range is $30,000 to $50,000. Please note: CHE grants cannot fund stand-alone capital or infrastructure expenses.
Projects must meet eligibility requirements and also focus on increasing access to behavioral health (BH) services. Projects must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Increasing access to BH services that are culturally and linguistically responsive
- Increasing rural BH access
- Increasing BH access for communities of color or other marginalized populations
- Increasing access to treatment services for substance use disorders
Examples are in our CHE Application Guide. Multi-year requests should not exceed $150,000. Please note: CHE grants cannot fund stand-alone capital or infrastructure expenses.
This is a high-level summary. Please read the CHE Application Guide for requirements and detailed instructions. See button below.
How to apply for a one-year grant:
- Visit the PacificSource grant portal and login, or create a new profile. (Please check to see if your organization already has a grant profile before creating a new one.)
- Complete your budget form (You'll need to attach this to your online application.)
- Submit your application in alignment with all CHE application guidelines, including the required budget form.
How to apply for a multi-year grant:
Multi-year grant requests follow a two-step application process:
- Interested applicants will submit a letter of intent (LOI) through our grant portal.
- LOIs that meet the funding criteria will be invited to apply for a two-year CHE grant. If invited, you'll follow the steps above as you would for a one-year grant. Organizations that are not invited to apply for a two-year grant are still eligible to submit a one-year grant request.
- January 18: Application cycle opens for one-year and multi-year grants. Applications will be available in the grant portal.
April 14: Multi-year grant letter of intent (LOI) due by 5:00 p.m. Pacific time.
May 20: Multi-year grant invitations to apply are extended to selected organizations.
August 26: CHE grant applications due by 5:00 p.m. Pacific time.
- By November 30: Grant awards are announced.
- By December 20: Funds are mailed to awardees.
- Throughout November: Online final grant presentations begin.
Bingham Memorial Hospital (ID)
Cancer Support Community Montana (MT)
Center for Family Development (OR)
Corvallis Family Medicine PC (OR)
Columbia Gorge Family Medicine (OR)
Kootenai Health Foundation (ID)
Mid-Columbia Medical Center (OR)
Mosaic Medical (OR)
One Community Health (OR)
Orchid Health (OR)
Partnership Health Center (MT)
Sandpoint Family Health Center (ID)
Valor Health (ID)
Weiser Memorial Hospital (ID)