Now, more than ever, many providers—including doctors and mental health professionals—are available to connect through a telehealth appointment. The doctor you normally see in person may be available to consult by phone or video. To learn more, contact them directly or check their website.
Cost: In most cases, you’ll pay the same as you would for an office visit. If you have coronavirus symptoms and are covered by a PacificSource plan, rest assured you’ll pay $0 for COVID-19-related testing, diagnosis, and treatment.
Types of services available
- Medical visits
- Behavioral health (including therapy and substance abuse)
- Speech therapy
- Occupational and physical therapy
When you might want
to use telehealth
- No time for an office visit
- You're on vacation or a business trip
- You need a short-term prescription refill
- Distance makes an office visit difficult
- Pediatric care for any age
Unable to access telehealth with your doctor? Try Teladoc®
Teladoc is an affordable alternative included with most PacificSource plans. It gives you access to a doctor right where you are, using a mobile app on your phone or your computer. You can get a consult anytime, seven days a week.
For adults 18 and over, behavioral health therapists are also available to help with stress and anxiety, relationship and family problems, depression, work pressures, grieving, and trauma resolution.
- Expertise of U.S. board-certified physicians with an average of 20 years
of in-practice experience.
- Pay the same copay and prescription rates listed in your summary of benefits.
- No rush because there isn’t a time limit for your session.
- Group plan members: Check with your employer to see if Teladoc is offered on your plan.
- In Washington state, Teladoc offers video sessions only.
Set up an account.
Fill out your medical history.
Request a visit.
Speak directly with a doctor.
There are three ways to get started:
Online: Log in or register with InTouch for Members. Once logged in, you’ll find the Teladoc Remote link under Tools. This will provide a direct link for you to set up your Teladoc account.
Mobile app: Visit The Teladoc website to download the app, then click “Activate account.”
By phone: Teladoc can help you register your account over the phone. Call toll-free: 855-201-7488.