PacificSource Extends Special COVID Provisions Through End of 2021
(Springfield, Ore.) April 16, 2021—PacificSource announces that it will extend its special COVID related benefit provisions for its commercial plan members to the end of 2021. PacificSource initiated special COVID related benefit provisions in spring of 2020 to support its members and providers during the initial phases of the pandemic.
“This expansion of these provisions serves as a critical means of support for our members as we continue to battle the pandemic,” said Ken Provencher, president and CEO of PacificSource. “While great strides towards mitigating the spread of COVID have been made with the introduction of several safe and effective vaccines, we recognize that it will take some time for everyone to get their vaccinations and therefore extended support for our members is still very much needed.”
The following is a summary of PacificSource benefit provisions that are currently in place for PacificSource’s commercial plan members and will be extended through the end of 2021 (There are no changes for Medicaid or Medicare members at this time):
- PacificSource will continue to eliminate out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing and testing-related visits for our members at out-patient care sites (including primary care, urgent care, and emergency rooms). Further treatment may be subject to additional cost shares depending on the benefit plan.
- PacificSource will continue to allow members a one-time early refill for prescription drugs. (COVID vaccinations are offered at no cost to members.)
- PacificSource will continue to waive all copays for Teladoc visits for members who have Teladoc as a plan option.
- PacificSource providers have been instructed to not collect copay/coinsurance or deductibles for testing and testing-related services.
- Self-funded employers will have the option to opt-in to the provision that waives member out-of-pocket costs. For self-funded employer groups electing to extend these benefits, a plan amendment will be issued.
- PacificSource is reaching out by phone to all high-risk members who have not yet received their vaccines and assisting them with locating a clinic or resources within their county, as well as taking them through the steps of pre-registering for their vaccine as needed.
PacificSource is continuing to follow standards and recommendations from the state health authorities in addressing all issues surrounding COVID-19 and recommends that Members visit the Oregon Health Authority’s website at https://covidvaccine.oregon.gov/ for updates on the latest vaccination guidelines.
About PacificSource Health Plans: PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource has local offices throughout Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Washington. The PacificSource family of companies employs more than 1,500 people and serves over 523,700 individuals throughout the Greater Northwest. For more information, visit PacificSource.com.