With summer months ahead, now’s the time to brush up on skin-cancer facts:
- The sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes.
- Nearly 5 million people are treated for skin cancer every year in the U.S.
- Skin cancer can be serious, expensive, and even deadly.
Fortunately, most skin cancers can be prevented: AWARE gives you an easy way to remember to protect yourself—and those you care about—from over-exposure:
Avoid unprotected exposure to sunlight, including artificial sun (such as tanning beds).
Wear sun-protective clothing including a long sleeve shirt, pants, hat, and sunglasses.
Apply sunscreen of at least SPF15 every two hours—and more frequently if you’re taking part in water activities.
Routinely examine your skin for changes, and report changes to your healthcare provider.
Educate your family and community about how to stay sun AWARE.
Free online tools and resources
As a PacificSource member, you can access CaféWell, a secure health engagement portal that helps support your health goals. To get started, log into InTouch, click Benefits, then select "Wellness - CafeWell" in the dropdown menu.
With CaféWell, you get:
- Personalized health resources and action plans
- Activities, wellness challenges, and expert health coaching
- Communities of health experts
- Helpful tips and articles on a variety of health and wellness topics
- On-the-go access with the CaféWell mobile app
Get the most out every month’s topic with print-ready materials. Download fliers and more.
- Newsletter article
- Flier (use as a flier, poster, payroll stuffer, or table tent)
- Text messages
Winning at Wellness monthly e-newsletter
Get savvy about wellness at the workplace.