Who’s eligible for the program?
All members with medical coverage under a PacificSource group or individual health plan are eligible for the program at no additional cost. The program is completely confidential and participation is voluntary.
How does the program work?
A nurse will speak with you by phone to complete enrollment in the program and talk with you briefly to learn more about you and your pregnancy.
You’ll receive an information packet that includes:
- Books on pregnancy and baby's first year, including a book for partners of pregnant women
- Educational materials to help you take the best possible care of yourself during this important time
- Contact information to reach a Prenatal program nurse
You can call your nurse throughout your pregnancy with questions. We notify your doctor about your participation in the program, and he or she is welcome to contact the program nurse. At 32 weeks into your pregnancy, we will send you an additional packet of helpful information about parenting a newborn and child safety.
Prenatal vitamin benefit
Women between the ages of 15 and 50 with PacificSource prescription drug coverage are eligible to receive physician-prescribed prenatal vitamins at no cost—all copays and deductibles are waived—when filled through an in-network pharmacy. Limitations apply.
The vitamins covered by this program include:
- Vol-Plus NDC 13811-0519-50
- Prenatal Vitamin Plus Low I NDC 39328-0106-10
- Prenatal Plus NDC 44946-1045-01
- M-Natal Plus NDC 58657-0170-01
- Prenatal Vitamin Plus Low I NDC 63044-0150-01
- Prenatal Vitamin Plus Low I NDC 63044-0150-05
- PrePlus NDC 69543-0258-50
- PNV-DHA-CAP NDC 42192-0321-30 (gluten free)
- Prenatal 19 NDC 42937-0706-10
Helpful websites for parents
- March of Dimes: "Why at least 39 weeks is best for your baby" [en Español]
- WomensHealth.gov postpartum depression fact sheet
Please note: While we have carefully vetted the websites listed here, they are subject to change without notice. PacificSource cannot assume responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by other websites.
Prenatal program registration
This program is free and voluntary. You may cancel at any time, for any reason.