PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Awards $218k in Grant Support to Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) Oct. 12, 2017— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $218,000 in grant support to eight nonprofit organizations based in Oregon, Idaho, Southwest Washington, and Montana. The grant funding will span from one to three years. The Foundation, founded in 1992, has awarded a total of $ 376,000 to 14 nonprofits in 2017 thus far, with additional grants to be announced in November.
“Working in partnership to improve community health is a shared mission of both PacificSource and of our foundation,” said Marian Blankenship, executive director of PacificSource’s Foundation for Health Improvement. “We know that we can do so much more when we partner toward building vibrant and healthy communities. We are pleased to announce this latest round of funding to these deserving nonprofits.”
The following organizations will receive grant funding:
- Old Mill Center for Children and Families – Trauma Informed Care Training and Support for Community Organizations. Three-year grant funding consisting of $25,000 in year one, $22,000 in year two and $20,000 in year three.
- Gorge Grown Food Network –Veggie Rx for Pregnant Mothers and Their Families. One year grant of $35,000.
- Cornerstone Community Housing – Healthy Homes Program. Three-year grant of $25,000 per year.
- Boise Rescue Mission – Mental Health Program. Three-year grant of $20,000 per year.
- Missoula Aging Services –Care Transitions Program. One-year grant for $25,000.
- Billings Clinic Foundation – Project Echo Montana. Two-year grant of $10,000 per year.
- Community Food and Agriculture Coalition – Double SNAP Dollars for Healthy Communities. Two-year grant of $15,000 per year.
- Free Clinic of Southwest Washington – Diabetes Program, Partnering to Address Root Causes of Poor Health. One-year grant of $11,000.
The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement’s mission is to provide resources and funds for the health and welfare of underserved and vulnerable populations, with an emphasis on children and youth. For information on how to apply for a PacificSource Foundation grant, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, and in Idaho and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 900 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.
Public Relations Manager