PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Commits $176k to Six Regional Nonprofits
The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $176,682 in grant funding to support six nonprofit organizations based in Oregon and Idaho. The funding will span from one to three years for the following nonprofits:
- Adelante Mujeres-Two-year grant totaling $40,000 to improve culturally specific health outcomes for low-income Latinos.
- Meals on Wheels People-One year grant of $5000 to help address the problem of malnutrition among vulnerable seniors in the downtown core area of Portland, Oregon.
- Daisy C.H.A.I.N.-One year grant of $21,682 to increase equitable access to preventative, high-quality pre/postnatal support and education programs.
- Catholic Charities- One year grant of $50,000 for comprehensive family support services.
- Children’s Home Society of Idaho-Three-year grant of $50,000 to deliver behavioral and mental health services to underserved children.
- The Friendship Clinic, Inc.-One year grant of $10,000 to increase capacity and support general operating expenses.
Additionally, the PacificSource Foundation endorsed the expenditure of $525,000 for five years of unrestricted funding to three donated-care clinics through its Healthcare Access Partners (HcAP) program, yielding a total of nine clinics funded to date. These clinics offer vital services to the communities they serve and the HcAP program provides opportunities for collaboration, shared learning and technical assistance.
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1,000 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.