PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Commits $230k to Six Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) August 14, 2019— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $230,000 in grant funding to support six nonprofit organizations based in Oregon, Montana, and Idaho.
“Working in partnership to improve community health is a shared mission of both PacificSource and of our foundation,” said Marian Blankenship, executive director of PacificSource’s Foundation for Health Improvement. “We know that we can do so much more when we partner toward building vibrant and healthy communities. We are pleased to announce this latest round of funding to these deserving nonprofits.”
The funding will span from one to two years for the following nonprofits:
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Lane County – Two-year grant to support the expansion of their Peer-led Mental Health Support Programming, allowing them to better meet the needs of their clients in rural areas.
- Parenting Now! – Two-year grant in support of their Make Parenting a Pleasure (MPAP) Program, which aims to strengthen families, reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect, and promote the long-term health of children.
- Returning Veterans Project – Two-year grant to support the expansion of their volunteer healthcare provider network, which will allow them to provide free physical and mental healthcare services to more post-9/11 veterans each year.
- Mountain Home Montana – Two-year grant to help support and educate young mothers and parents who have a history of trauma, focused on harm-reduction and the prevention of adverse childhood experiences.
- Share Our Strength, Inc. – Two-year grant to support the No Kid Hungry Montana Initiative, which aims to end childhood hunger by providing food access and nutrition.
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance – One-year grant in support of critical counseling services for survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacficSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit our Community page.
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1,000 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.