PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Commits $262k to Nine Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) December 5, 2019— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $262,000 in grant funding to support nine nonprofit organizations based in Oregon, Montana, Washington, and Idaho.
“Working in partnership to improve community health is a shared mission of PacificSource and our Foundation, and we are pleased to announce this latest round of funding to these deserving nonprofits,” said Marian Blankenship, executive director of PacificSource’s Foundation for Health Improvement.
The funding will span from one to two years for the following nonprofits:
- Compass House Inc. - One-year grant of $10,000 in support of their Wellness Program, a holistic non-clinical program aimed at improving the quality of life and combating early mortality rates in adults living with mental illness.
- SPOON – One-year grant of $25,000 in support of the Nourishing Oregon’s Foster Children project, which provides trauma-informed training and resources for foster parents and child welfare workers so that they can support the complex nutritional and feeding needs of the foster children in their care.
- HIV Alliance – Two-year grant of $50,000 in support of a comprehensive opioid response in Lane, Douglas, Marion, and Josephine counties. This work will focus on at-risk populations including LGBTQ+ identified people, people with disabilities, people experiencing poverty, and rural populations with less access to support services.
- Daisy CHAIN–Two-year grant of $50,000 to support the expansion and training of a team that is serving a growing number of culturally specific families throughout their programs, including the home visiting program, nursing nook, prenatal services and more.
- Missoula Aging Services – One-year grant of $25,000 in support of their Care Transitions Program, an innovative healthcare model that works with local hospitals and clinics to prevent high utilization by older adults through evidence-based interventions that ensure successful transition from hospitals to home.
- Ronan School District – One year grant of $5000 to support a Native Plant Garden, which aims to build food sovereignty, positive relationships, and improved communication between a highly diverse student and parent population and the educators.
- Family Advocates – Two-year grant of $60,000 to support their Family Strengthening Programs, which aims to prevent child abuse and neglect while mitigating the impacts of adverse childhood experiences.
- Interlink Volunteer Caregivers – One-year grant of $7749 to help provide transportation to and from medical appointments for individuals facing transportation as a barrier to receiving vital healthcare.
- Free Clinic of Southwest Washington – One-year grant of $30,000 in support of Community Health Workers as care extenders for diabetic patients. This CHW position will help to foster trust between patients and the medical providers as they learn about and manage their diabetes.
In addition to these new grants, the PacificSource Foundation made multi-year installments for Adelante Mujeres, Children’s Home Society, and all of the clinics participating in the Healthcare Access Partner’s Program (HcAP).
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacficSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit our Community page.
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1,100 people, serves more than 320,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.