PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Commits $463k to Nine Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) Aug. 7, 2018— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $463,475 in grant and transitional funding support to nine nonprofit organizations based in Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. The funding will span from one to three years for the following nonprofits:
- Familias en Accion – Two-year grant totaling $118,475 to support culturally appropriate family and community education and engagement around healthy nutrition.
- South Lane Mental Health – Three-year grant totaling $90,000 to provide core support to ensure access to mental health services for vulnerable populations.
- Southwest Community Health Center – $25,000 in transitional funding to assist in the process of moving patients to new medical homes.
- Oregon Social Learning Center Developments Inc. – Two-year grant totaling $60,000 to provide intensive behavioral health and wraparound support to underserved students and their families in rural Lane County communities.
- ShelterCare – $60,000 in transitional funding to support the development of a day services program.
- Boise Schools Education Foundation – One-year grant of $25,000 in seed funding to open the Taft Elementary community school.
- Family Advocates – One-year grant of $30,000 to support the family strengthening program.
- Youth Homes – One-year grant of $25,000 to support home-based mental health and therapeutic services.
- Mountain Home Montana – One-year grant of $30,000 to support trauma-informed mental health care for young families.
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacficSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, and in Idaho and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1000 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.