PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement Commits Nearly $400k in Grant Support to Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) June 7, 2018— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $398,468 in grant support to nine nonprofit organizations based in Oregon and Idaho. The grant funding for each organization will span from one to three years.
The following nonprofits will receive grant funding:
- Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine: Two-year grant totaling $60,000 to support access to care for vulnerable and underserved communities.
- Healthy Beginnings: Two-year grant totaling $35,000 to support the Rural Advocate pilot.
- Wallace Medical Concern:Two-year grant totaling $30,000 to support expanded outreach to underserved children and adults.
- MIKE Program:One year grant of $30,000 to support production of the program’s workbooks.
- Central City Concern:Two-year grant totaling $46,000 to support opening of the Hansen Shelter urgent care clinic.
- Project Access Now: Three year grant totaling $120,000 to support the Regional Community Health Network development.
- Alliance for Healthy Families: One year grant of $25,000 to support the Springfield Healthy Families program.
- WellMama Inc.: Two-year grant totaling $22,468 to support group services.
- Women and Children’s Alliance: One year grant of $30,000 to support individual counseling to child victims of domestic violence.
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacficSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1000 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.
Public Relations Manager