PacificSource Health Plans Partners with CMS on Comprehensive Primary Care Plus Model
(Springfield, Ore.) Jan. 12, 2017- PacificSource Health Plans has been selected by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) as a partner in its new Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) model. The five-year CPC+ model, the largest multi-payer initiative launched by CMS, began on January 1, 2017 in 14 regions across the United States.
CPC+ is an advanced primary care medical home model, with a goal to strengthen primary care through regionally based, multi-payer reform and care delivery transformation. The initiative brings together a collaboration of Medicare fee-for-service, commercial insurance payers and state Medicaid agencies, and includes two tracks with incrementally advanced care delivery requirements and payment options.
“Many payers are interested in strengthening primary care, but a single payer has limited potential to transform primary care practices,” said Peter McGarry, PacificSource vice president of provider network. “With collaboration, we can achieve better care, smarter spending and healthier communities.”
CPC+ builds on the Comprehensive Primary Care initiative CMS launched in 2012 that ended on December 31, 2016. The goals of CPC+ include:
- Supporting patients with serious or chronic diseases to achieve health goals.
- Engaging patients and their families in their own care.
- Working together with insurers, hospitals and other clinicians, including specialists, to provide better-coordinated care.
- Giving patients access through enhanced in-person hours and 24/7 telephone or electronic means.
- Proactive care management for high-risk patients to improve outcomes.
- Comprehensive physical and mental care including preventive services.
- Patients receiving timely follow-up after emergency room or hospital visits
PacificSource payer partners in CPC+ include: AllCare Health, Inc, Atrio Health Plans, CareOregon, Eastern Oregon CCO, FamilyCare Health, Medicare fee-for-service, MODA Health Plan, Oregon Health Authority (Medicaid), BlueCross BlueShield of Montana, Montana Medicaid, Primary Health of Josephine County, Providence Health Plan/Assurance, Tuality Health Alliance, Umpqua Health, Western Oregon Advanced Health, Willamette Valley Community Health, and Yamhill Community Care Organization.
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, and in Idaho and Montana.
The PacificSource family of companies employs 900 people, serves more than 280,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.